Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Bread is Dead.

My whole theory with this Gluten Free thing is to make items available in my house that are the equivalent to "normal" peoples food so that I dont feel left out, aka jealous.  Being a good little Gluten-Free girl I decided to try my hand at baking a loaf of sandwich bread to keep around for lunches.  I had the brilliant idea of freezing half of the loaf I baked so that it would stay and keep the other half out and accessible.  Now, dont get me wrong, during my PGF days (code for Pre-Gluten Free) I could easily house a loaf of bread.  Why?  No, not because I really want to be trained by Jillian on the Biggest Loser so to gain weight I'd sit and eat a loaf of bread in one sitting.  No, no, it was more along the idea of oh I dont know, because its just so DELICIOUS. Hello?
So after winning my first Gluten Free Bread Mix at my first ever North Texas Gluten Intolerance Group meeting I thought my stars were aligning enough to make the perfect loaf of bread...Right?  Well, yes, if you prefer your loaves of bread to transform itself into croutons magically when introduced to heat in the oven.  Granted, I have some delicious (aka as stale as mud) garlic croutons now but thats not what the aim was for.  I wanted a LOAF of bread for god's sake.
So this is the end result of Toro's "Celiac Safe Whle Meal Bread Mix"....What the shit is this nonsense?

Ugh. Next task please.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lizzie,
    I hesitate to suggest this. And it is not a loaf of bread. But maybe a Wonder Bun would appeal. http://blog.kitchentherapy.us/2009/08/wonder-buns/

    ReplyDelete